What is a Topic Sentence - A Quick Guide & Examples
Introduction Paragraphs are used to give the general information in an essay. A lesson, a news article or any other type of writing starts with its introduction. There are a few sorts of topic sentences and they all fill various needs in your essay writer service. Each one should be tailored to your audience.
This is not an exhaustive list, just a few examples that will help you understand how these sentences work in academic writing and what makes them different from each other:
• The simple sentence states a basic fact Example: An academic essay needs to fulfill many criteria of the essay structure and formats (Komarovsky).
• The compound sentence has two main clauses joined by coordinating conjunction Example: While some argue that term papers should be written in the first person point of view, others state that it is not a good idea.
• The complex sentence has an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses Example: While some argue that term papers should be written in the first person point of view, they forget about its disadvantages (Dillon).
• The compound-complex sentence has two or more independent clauses joined by coordinating conjunctions Example: There are many reasons why college professors require students to write so many essays during their studies. First reason for this is that authors need practice on writing long pieces (Baker).
For example, using simple sentences may sometimes feel awkward when you can use complex sentences with different grammar structures like ‘therefore’, ‘however’, ‘although’, ‘as a result’. Simply put, any sentence that develops an idea or presents and argument should be complex.
Make sure you choose the right structure for your topic sentences depending on what is the most convenient and easy in terms of writing. Simple sentences will only make your text look boring because simple sentences are too basic to be used as topic sentences. Complex structures are more powerful and they provide information about the purpose of your essay (to prove something or just present facts).
Conclusion: Academic Writing Is About Providing Your Readers With Useful Information That Can Help Them Reach Their Goals.
Thesis statement is one of the most important parts of academic writing it is the center of your essay. There are no strict rules on how to write it but there are few general principles that will help essay writer to create a good thesis statement every time you start writing:
1. Your topic sentence should give readers an idea about what they can expect from your essay and make them want to read it. Good essays provide information, advise, or show something interesting that will help readers reach their goals.
2. Use clear and unambiguous language to define all key terms in your thesis statement (terms like ‘term paper’ or ‘research paper’ must be defined because in different academic disciplines these terms might have different meaning).
3. Leave no questions unanswered. Explain why you decided to choose a topic, what brought you to it and how your future research will help achieve your goal.
Endnotes consist of citation information for the source of a quote or idea that you use in your essay. Endnote references are used if you want to provide credit for something that you have found out from someone else’s work or blog post, book, etc.
As long as there is academic writing, there is an issue with plagiarism (using other people's ideas without giving them credit). Plagiarism means using someone else's words or ideas without giving credit to them which basically means copying their work almost verbatim without changing anything but formatting.
You might also be interested in the following Izydaisy ads
Mostly Many people are disappointed by their growth of eyelashes and glaucoma issues. So Strapcart.com site has lots off products that gives you...
Couldnâ€™t find what you were looking for?
Avoid communicating via email; use the Izydaisy messaging centre.
Report ads and messages that you think are suspicious.
The more questions you ask, the more you know.
If an item must be mailed, insist the seller uses registered post.
The best way to pay is Cash on Delivery.
Arrange a safe place to meet up and complete a transaction.
Avoid carrying more cash on you than required.